Saturday, April 6, 2013

Never Black, Pt. #1 [8-24-12]

°4:36(pm)

[1] I don't think that I ever truly "felt" black./ My skin color made me feel cool, my race made me feel wack./ [2] I would listen to tons of diverse Hip-hop, not just because I can rap./ [3] So in efforts to be real I donned & wore a mask./ I became prideful & foolish, thinking I didn't need school because I wrote raps./ [4] Only chocolate colored kid in majority of my classes./ Remember when I claimed Pro-Black with mad passion./

[5] My anger and confusion... people were aware of./ I think I may have blamed God for everything that I was./

[6] I idolized almost anyone black, rappers were Christ./ These are lies that satan had uttered to me many times./ [7] My eyes were on B.E.T. & XXL looking for inspirations when writing rhymes./ Thought that I could compromise since Kanye said that he walked with Christ./ [8] I looked up to rappers and their writtens, than looking at the light./ I thought I was less black if I didn't say the n word in a rhyme./

[9] Ignorant was how my people, how my people is & can be./ Prideful is when you escape from the level of humility./ [10] Lord, help me to see black people as those who look like me./ rather than those who are far worse than any Human Beings./ [11] Luke Warm is what I get when I watch B.E.T./ I should pray for that station rather than calling it a channel of the enemy./

[12] Maybe it has to do with my surroundings & how I grew up./ Trying too hard to be cool with the light & dark ones./ [13] Going to school made me hate & love being black. I was called the crazy one./ Viewed as the racist neighbor who loves blacks and offends everyone./ [14] Yeah, everyone else seemed to make me jealous and cuss./ I became stirred up all because society said they had better lives, basically I'd co-vut (covet)./

[15] God created us all, yes he created all colors./ So I'm glad I have a rainbow of sisters & brothers./ [16] I really do appreciate my heavenly father./ For a people so diverse, He choose to be the Savior, Yes he's the author./

[17] When I now look in the mirror I sometimes am overcome with joyful laughter./ My Race is beautiful, who says... Well the words of my master./ [18] And when I say race I just don't mean people of color./ I'm saying everyone who is a potential sister & a potential brother./

No comments:

Post a Comment