Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Believe In The Shield. [05/6/13]

°5:09(pm)

[1] When I speak of calling upon a great shield./ I just don't mean three men who seem to kill./
[2] I'm speaking of a true defender who doesn't need a piece of steel./ He packs a sword, a rod of iron to vanquish those who are ill./ [3] Correct meaning of those who stay in the dark defiling who might shrill./ Keep hold of your joy that's something they may want to steal./

[4] I'm aware that at almost every moment I can be in some kind of distress./ I still know he's there, here to be at my side more than any best friend./ [5] Riding around town on my bike without any problem./ Feeling so secure in knowing that the Lord is my helmet./ [6] I won't act big & bad and say that with every pain I can take it./ I will say that as long as Jesus is my shield I'll find peace in the furnace./

[7] No matter the flames that surround me like a rap battle stage./ Not like I'm encouraging the heat, but being bullied for things that I say./ [8] Persecution is absolutely everywhere, but I must remember that The Lord sustains./ Not every situation is absolutely clear, but I must consider all of The Lord's ways./ [9] Even if I become a spectacle for not joining the parade./ I realize that I'm in the army, and I'll continue to be different for stepping up and away./

[10] I need Jesus to dress me up in His Armor./ Which has padding that can block a regular sword./  [11] Not saying that it numbs the pain, but with armor I keep my focus on the lord./ No matter what happens, because of Him, I'm righteous in this world./ [12] Letting Salvation leak through my thoughts so I'm thinking pure./ Slicing away the enemy with The Spirit which is the Sword./

[13] As I'm delivering the Gospel of Peace I got my kicks on./ So sagging my pants is never an option when standing firm with the belt of truth on./

[14] So in every battle I use my faith as my shield./ To combat the enemies ways that aim to kill./ (15) So I'm strapped knowing that Jesus is real./ With that I have confidence in saying "Believe In The Shield."

No comments:

Post a Comment